Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day One

January 17, 2013


It is a very new day for me.  Very new.  

I am about to embark on many new adventures in my life.  I'm fifty-one and have learned a lot of things through situations I never needed to go through.

I chose badly, many times.

It is a new day for me.

Welcome to my first blog.

I intend to write stories about things I learn in my days through new eyes that have been given to me.


My life, your life, is an incredible event that will only occur once in the history of time.  A one time only event.
Every single day of my life and your life is a gift.  Life is a great gift with weight and depth and purpose.  Sadly, I was too distracted and deceived to understand that.  

It's a new day for me.  I am going to write.

I have wanted to write all of my life.  I was afraid.  I was distracted.  I was under the false illusion that I had time.


I only have today.


I am thankful to God that I have this day.  

So thankful.

There is a lot of "I" and "my" in the above sentences but I am introducing myself today.  My intention is to write about people and things that I have seen and heard and believe, to encourage you.  That is my intention.  I am writing to get what has been in my heart all of my life out to you.  To you.


Thank you to my encouragers who are family, friends and strangers, many lives in the course of my life that have urged me to write.  In my prayers God has promised me I will write for Him.


Today, I will trust Him and begin to write.